Corporate Social Responsibility
The Corporation undertakes various community initiatives in the zones aimed at involving communities living adjacent to the forests in conservation and income generation activities. In this regard, the Corporation supports various projects in thematic areas including conservation, education and humanitarian aid. In the conservation programme, the Corporation helps CBO's to establish their own nurseries for fuel wood production so that they stop relying on forest products. The Corporation provides the communities with certified seeds and nursery farm inputs to enable them plant their own fuel wood. These community programmes have not only economically empowered communities living adjacent to forests but also greatly reduced their reliance on forest products for their livelihood.
Other Corporate Social responsibility activities undertaken by the Corporation include:
- Construction of a Classroom at Nyayo Tea Zones Primary School.
- Donations to communities and schools affected by disasters such as dormitory fire.
- Construction of communal tea buying centres in the zones where the Corporation and communities sell their tea.
- Upgrading of rural access roads which have eased accessibility of market centres in the zones and enabled farmers to take their produce to the markets.
- Community sensitisation on the importance of forest conservation and protection of the environment.